Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Future of the Internet (Part One)

I have felt like I have set up an exclusion zone around myself by not having a facebook account, so I decided to set up am alias profile. Just before confirming, Yahoo! listed people who might be interested in following me....and it scared me off. Obviously it was somehow linked to people who have used my personal email account previously.

I do not wish to go into details, but my professional life requires a high level of self-protection and boundary setting. The only time I gave my personal mobile number to a workers' compensation claimant, this person rang me at 5.00am. Unfortunately, in some of my work, I see the not so pleasant side of human nature. Hence teaching is a break and "grounds me" with seeing life and people in a more positive light. I hope that makes sense!

I ponder on how can I find the balance with being available on line to friends and not feel threatened.
I find the future of the internet and its ability to track me quite scary.
I get frustrated with the increasing slowness of the net.
I want to find the time to set up my RSS feeds.
I am excited by the faboulous tools out there that I have only just started to explore.
I am uplifted that there are more resources available to assist students with disabilities.
I hate being sedentary in front of a computer hours on end.
I look forward to using learning technology in my teaching.
I wish developments were'nt moving so fast, to the point that no one can keep up.
I feel sorry for the people and schools left behind, it is unfair.
I am grateful to Mark for his Wiki, it is a fantastic resource that I will continue to refer back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment